My Artichoke, Broad Bean & Garden Pea Salad can be served chilled, at room temperature or hot, so a perfect choice for summer eating. I’ve used some ingredients from a jar and frozen for convenience but you can easily substitute these for fresh, depending on the season. It takes just 10 mins (or less if eating raw/cold) from prep to table with just a few simple ingredients.
Ingredients – Serves 2
1 preserved lemon and 1 fresh
2 artichoke hearts from a jar (each cut into 4 pieces lengthways)
1 large carrot
1 large courgette
1/4 cup of frozen broad beans
small handfull of frozen garden peas
1 tbsp fresh dill or 1 tsp dried
Salt & Black Pepper
1. Thinly slice 1/2 the preserved lemon and put to one side. Finely chop the rest and put into a small jug. Whisk in the juice of 1 lemon, grind in some black pepper, season with salt and add a tbsp of finely chopped fresh dill (or 1 tsp dried). Set to one side.
2. Grill the artichokes (with the thinly sliced preserved lemon) under a hot grill or on a griddle for about 4 mins on each side (this really brings out the flavour).
3. Spiralise the carrot and courgette. You can eat these noodles raw or you can steam them for a few minutes to heat and gently cook through.
4. Steam the broad beans & garden peas for a few minutes to heat through
5. Divide the noodles between 2 bowls, scatter over the broad beans & peas, artichokes & pour over the dressing. Sprinkle over a little extra dill if you like.
(SP friendly) I made a simple dressing with sliced preserved lemon, lemon juice, black pepper & chopped dill.
Slimming World – This dish is syn free and SP friendly!