Made with dairy-free soft cheese & wholemeal gluten-free breadcrumbs, this low fat dish is a much healthier version of a restaurant favourite. Served with lots of fresh salad, it’s an ideal Slimming World SP Meal.
Non-veggies could easily substitute the dairy free Sheese for Laughing Cow, Primula, Kerry Low Low, even blended flavoured cottage cheese for an even lower syn option.
Ingredients – Serves 2
1 pack of 2 Portobello Flat Mushrooms
2 tbsp Bute Island Foods Sheese (Garlic & Herb) Creamy
2 tbsp Wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 x 90g Morrisons ‘Four Leaf Salad’ Pre-prepared Salad Bowl
2 tbsps Hellmans Fat Free Viniagrette
4 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
1/4 sliced red onion
4 thick slices of cucumber, cut into triangles
1/4 pack of Salad Cress
A few thin slices of fresh red chilli
2 tbsp Sriracha sauce, to drizzle (optional)
2 tsp dried parsley
1. Whizz half a wholemeal ciabatta (or 1 slice wholemeal bread) until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs, add 1 tsp of dried parsley and stir to combine
2. Remove the mushrooms from the pack and place on a foil lined baking tray.
3. Spread 1 tbsp of the garlic & herb sheesh into each mushroom and top each with 1 tbsp of the breadcrumbs. Bake at 190C for 15-20 minutes at 190C until nicely browned.
4. Drizzle the fat free viniagrette over the salad leaves and toss to evenly coat and divide between 2 plates. Scatter over the tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, salad cress & chilli slices
5. Remove the mushrooms from the oven and place in the centre of each plate. Drizzle with sriracha sauce (if you like an extra kick of heat!), sprinkle with the remaining dried parsley & top with a few more cress leaves to serve.
Slimming World – Count 3.5 syns for the whole dish. 2 syns – Sheese, 1 syn – wholemeal breadcrumbs, 0.5 syns – Sriracha Sauce.
You could add more sheesh and breadcrumb as use these as healthy extras instead of syns if you wish but this dish is deceptively filling and this was more than enough to satisfy a really hearty appetite (even mine!).