I spotted this recipe on the Quorn website and adapted it to reduce the syn value to make it more ‘Slimming World friendly’.
“Sweet and spicy with a kick, these tangy Quorn Jerk Fillets flavoured with chilli, cinnamon and ground ginger will wake up your taste buds with a splash of Caribbean sunshine”.
Ingredients – Serves 2
2 Quorn Meat Free Vegan Fillets
½ tsp hot chilli powder
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp Sukrin Gold (0.5 syn)
100ml pineapple juice, unsweetened (2.5 syns)
1 tbsp mango chutney (2 syns)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
2. Spray a heavy based pan with fry light, add the chilli, cinnamon and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low, add the sukrin gold and cook for a further 30 seconds.
3. Add the pineapple juice and mango chutney, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened.
4. Pour the Jerk Sauce on to the Quorn Meat Free Fillets, ensuring the fillets are evenly coated.
5. Place on a baking tray and bake on the middle shelf of the pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes. Cut the fillets in to 5 slices and serve on a bed of rice, with a medley of peas, green beans, green lentils & a wedge of lime.
Slimming World – 2.5 syns per serving