I found this recipe in the February 2017 Slimming World Magazine which I adapted to make it vegan friendly. It’s syn free if you use cheese as a healthy extra (HEA). It’s a bit of an effort – insofar as I usually like meals that take 30 mins or less from start to finish but this is well worth the effort for an occasional treat.
Don’t be tempted to over complicate the base…I went to the trouble of adding various herbs and spices but it wasn’t necessary. It is much better when left bland owing all the flavour to your choice of toppings.
I used violife cheese (cut into little squares) as a dairy free option which works really well on pizza.
For the Base
400g cauliflower florets, finely grated
6 tbsp aquafaba
Olive Fry Light
8 tbsp passata
4 tbsp tomato puree
1 garlic clove, crushed
A few, finely torn fresh basil leaves
1/2 red onion, sliced
handful of frozen mixed sliced peppers
1/4 cup of fresh mushrooms, sliced
40g violife cheese, cubed & thinly sliced
1. Line a pizza tray with greaseproof baking paper
2. Put grated cauliflower in a glass heatproof bowl, cover with clingfilm and microwave on high for 4 minutes & leave to cool.
3. Meanwhile, mix the passata with the tomato puree, garlic & basil and leave for the flavours to infuse.
4. Press the cooled cauliflower mixture with an absorbent paper towel (or squeeze in a clean tea towel) to remove any excess moisture. Whisk the aquafaba until foamy and stir into the cooled cauliflower – stir well to combine.
3. Tip out onto the pizza tray and form into a round (as evenly & thinly as you can). Spray lightly with fry light and bake for 20-25 mins.
4. Remove from the oven, cover with another sheet of greaseproof and quickly turn over. Peel off the top paper & return to the oven to bake for a further 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, spread the base with the pizza sauce and cover evenly with your toppings. Return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
6. Slice up, grind over some black pepper & serve with your choice of fresh salad leaves.
Syn free on Slimming World using cheese as your Healthy Extra B Choice.