Ingredients – Serves 2
150g button mushrooms
1 spring onion, finely sliced
4 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari)
1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger (or lazy ginger/dried)
1 clove of garlic, pressed (or 1/2 tsp ‘no fuss’ garlic)
1/2 cup of white rice
1 carrot, 1 small sweet potato, cut into small chunks
1/2 cup of diced butternut squash
1/2 cup of spring greens, roughly chopped
1/4 cup of dried quinoa
1 Vegetable Stock Melt
Dried Coriander to garnish
1. Cook the rice according to packet instructions
2. Tip the carrot, sweet potato, butternut squash into a saucepan and fry gently for 5 minutes, stirring often
3. Add the dried quinoa, vegetable stock melt and pour in enough hot water to cover. Put the lid on and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add the spring greens, put the lid back on and simmer for a further 5 minutes (add more water if necessary).
4. Whilst the greens are cooking, spray another small saucepan with fry light and gently fry the mushrooms & spring onion for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and soy sauce and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often. If the mixture gets dry, add a few tbsps of the cooking liquor from the vegetables.
5. Drain & plate up the vegetables, add the cooked rice on top and spoon over the mushrooms. Sprinkle with dried coriander to serve.
Slimming World – Enjoy this dish syn free!