My Spring Vegetable & Mint soup with seeded toasts is packed with goodness – crammed with vitamins, minerals & lots of protein. It’s deceptively filling, super tasty, quick & easy to prepare!
Ingredients – Serves 2
For the Soup
1 Litre of Stock made from 1 Oxo Stock Pot Garden Vegetables with Parsley & Bay
1 cup of Prepared Kale
1 cup Frozen Garden Peas
1/2 cup Frozen Edamame Beans
6 Asparagus Spears
3 Spring Onions, finely sliced
1 trimmed Leek, sliced
1/2 a small pack of Fresh Mint (approx 20g), chopped
For the Garnish
A few whole garden peas & edamame beans
2 tbsp of Dairy free Koko Dairy Free Original Plain Yoghurt
1 tbsp of mixed seeds – I used chai, sunflower & Pumpkin
2 toasted slices of Kelkin Free From Gluten And Wheat Multiseed Sourdough Bread (200g loaf from Morrisons)
1. Spray a large, deep saucepan with olive fry light and tip in the prepared asparagus, spring onion and leek and cook gently, stirring often for about 5 mins to soften.
2. Add the stock, put the lid on and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add the kale, frozen peas and edamame beans and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat, throw in the chopped mint & leave to cool for 5 minutes. Blend with a hand blender until very smooth. Take care because the liquid is still extremely hot!
5. Toast the bread, cut each into 2 diagonally & arrange on serving plates
6. Ladle the soup into 2 bowls & scatter a few whole peas & edamame beans for decoration. Swirl in a tbsp of koko yoghurt & a sprinkling of seeds to garnish before serving.
Soup is syn free. Count 2 syns for the yoghurt & seeds. You can omit them but the nutritional benefits they offer is worth it. Toast as HEB or 3 syns.