Lightly sauted spring vegetables with a huge handful of freshly chopped herbs. Makes me long for warm, sunny days & alfresco eating!
Ingredients – Serves 2
1 Oxo Stock Pot Melt (Garden Vegetables with Parsley & Bay)
1/2 litre of freshly boiled water
150g Dried Orzo
Olive Fry Light
1 celery stick, finely chopped
2 spring onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 cup broad beans
1/2 cup frozen garden peas
1/2 cup sliced mangetout
1/2 cup tenderstem brocolli
handful of chopped mixed herbs – Mint, Parsley & dill
1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
1. Spray a deep saucepan with fry light and very gently saute the celery and spring onion for about 5 mins until soft but still firm. Add the garlic and fry for another 2 mins.
2. In a jug, melt the stock into the water and pour into the saucepan.
3. Stir in the orzo and gently simmer for about 8 minutes.
4. Tip in the remaining vegetables, give it a stir, put the lid on and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Throw in the herbs, gently mix to distribute. Season with salt, pepper to taste, spinkle over the nutritional yeast (if using) and serve.
Slimming World – Syn Free! (add 1 syn if using Nutritional Yeast) See below for Hoots syn value.
I served mine here with half a packet of Hootsnacks vegan friendly, multigrain snack bites for a bit of crunch but toasted ciabatta would go lovely with this. Hoots are 8.5 syns for a 35g bag.