I love Anya potatoes, their distinct long shape and unique nutty flavour makes them one of my absolute favourites. This dish is full of flavour, easy to prepare and great on it’s own or as an accompaniment.
Ingredients – Serves 2
8 long Anya Potatoes, halved
Olive Fry Light
Salt & Pepper to Season
Small handful of Coconut Curls
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp liquid smoke (I use Stubbs)
1/2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
1 tsp Nutritional Yeast
sprinkling of sesame seeds
2 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
Approx 1 cup of green beans, edamame & garden peas (frozen)
1. Put the potato halves in a bowl, spray generously with olive fry light, season with black pepper, Halon Mon Sea Salt and finely grated lemon zest (to taste) Give them a good toss around to make sure they’re all coated.
2. Transfer to a baking tin, cut side down and roast for 20 minutes (200C fan oven) before turning over and return to the oven for a further 20 mins.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the coconut ‘bacon’ bits. In a small bowl mix together the above ingredients, stir in a handful of coconut curls until evenly coated.
4. Remove the potatoes from the tray and keep warm. Spread out the coconut bits & veg onto the tray and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Keep your eye on the coconut as it can burn quite easily!
5. Plate up the potatoes and veg, sprinkle over a heaped tsp of nutritional yeast, a few sesame seeds and your coconut ‘bacon’ bits.
6. Finish with a drizzle of sriracha hot pepper sauce to your liking. Enjoy!