Great for BBQ’s or just throw under the grill for an impromptu taste of summer. My Soy, Sesame & Garlic Veggie Kebabs on shredded, stir fried lemony brussels sprouts was quick to prepare and as you can imagine, with so many flavours going on, it tasted wonderful! You will need a few wooden skewers and remember to soak them first in cold water for at least 30 minutes to prevent them from burning.
Tip! If brussels sprouts are no longer in season, choose Spring Greens, Pak Choi or Cabbage instead. Any variety will work wonderfully!
Ingredients – Serves 2
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed (or 1 tsp no fuss garlic)
Pinch of sesame seeds
2 cups of a selection of your favourite chopped veggies (I used red onion, red peppers, courgette & Mushrooms)
1 1/2 cups of brussels sprouts, shredded with a sharp knife
Zest & juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/4 cup of black beans (from a tin, drained & rinsed)
Salt & Pepper
Balsamic Glaze (optional 1.5 syns per tbsp)
1. Chop up chunks of your favourite veg into even size pieces and tip into a glass bowl.
2. Mix together the marinade, pour over the veg and leave for at least 15 mins.
3. Shred the brussels sprouts, pour over the lemon juice & zest and mix well, season with salt & pepper.
4. Thread the veg onto the skewers, spray with fry light and place on the BBQ or under a hot grill for 5-10 mins, turning every few minutes.
5. Spray a wok or fry pan with fry light, tip in the shredded sprouts, add a splash of water and stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the black beans and stir fry for another minute.
6. Divide the stir fry between 2 plates, place your veggie kebabs on top and drizzle with balsamic vinegar (syn free) or glaze (1.5 syns per tbsp).
Slimming World – Enjoy this dish syn free! SP Friendly!